Monday, November 26, 2012

Contrasts - East Ham Town Hall



This week marks the seventh anniversary of the start of this blog, and I thought to myself that it might be an idea to do something I haven't really done before; so I headed out to take photographs in my local area.

It struck me that one of the most fascinating aspects of any London suburb is how it changes over time, the contrasts as the years go by. So, here I am heading off through East Ham, and this is East Ham Town Hall, built at the turn of the 20th century when hope and affluence walked these streets.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 6

Comments on "Contrasts - East Ham Town Hall"

 

Blogger Mary deB said ... (00:23) : 

Wow, happy blogiversary! It's so nice they named the area after you, too. ;)

 

Blogger Petrea Burchard said ... (04:29) : 

Just what I was thinking, how nice to have a suburb named after you!

Truly, thanks for your blog. I enjoy it immensely.

 

Anonymous CornishCockney said ... (14:25) : 

Congratulations on 7 years! I don't often comment, but log in daily just the same. :)

 

Blogger HOA Mgr Lady said ... (21:15) : 

Thank you for your service to Blog Land if for no other reason becasue you're a nice man! I enjoy and read it from California.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (23:11) : 

Thanks for the kind words, all.

And, adding to the name frolics, East Ham (and West Ham) are in the London Borough of.... Newham ;-)

 

Anonymous Martha said ... (15:17) : 

I can't thank you enough for keeping this blog for those of us who love London. Long may you run!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile