Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Door To Nowhere



Safely fenced off from the Crossrail works behind, this doorway in Stepney Green is all that's left of.... something, I don't know what. I'd like to imagine it might take you to Narnia, but the nearest to makebelieve in the hereabouts are the train timetables in the stations.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "The Door To Nowhere"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (00:17) : 

It appears that it's the remains of Worcester House Chapel..

http://www.crossrail.co.uk/assets/library/document/t/original/tb_whitechapelinformationcentre_15dec10_8.pdf

Enjoy.

 

Blogger Steve A said ... (00:35) : 

I am CONSTANTLY amazed at how sharp your commenters are!

 

Blogger Richard Hannay said ... (01:45) : 

Looks wonderful!

 

Blogger Saun said ... (03:45) : 

Awesome and interesting shot.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (08:17) : 

Thank you for that Golfy, I felt sure someone would know and I was feeling too tired to find out for myself.....

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile