Friday, July 27, 2012

Beware the One Eyed Monster



The Olympic mascots are popping up all over the place. I'd love to say I've changed my mind and think they are endearing, appealing or in anyway sporting, but I haven't and I don't. Still, I suppose we have to have a mascot (why? - oh yes, so we can sell them) and at least this can be used to threaten little children with.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 6

Comments on "Beware the One Eyed Monster"

 

Blogger Petrea Burchard said ... (05:04) : 

You could frighten adults with that.

 

Anonymous CornishCockney said ... (12:33) : 

I have absolutely no idea what they're supposed to be or represent!
I missed it when they were announced and haven't discovered since!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (19:28) : 

I saw another mascot (don't know how official it was)... a white lion with a patriotic mane. Much more endearing!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (16:00) : 

No way! That's awesome! Where is it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (13:31) : 

A rather fierce lion is the symbol of Team GB, as we have to call the British Olympic team these days.

The rather less fierce soft toy version (available in white, red or blue) is called "Pride".

 

Blogger JK said ... (13:05) : 

Scary. Very scary.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile