Thursday, July 12, 2012

Arnold Circus



It's not very often I watch TV, but I caught a program "The Secret History of our Streets" which fascinated me. The subject this week was Arnold Circus, how it came into being and how it has changed over the last 120 years. Let me whet your appetite: It was the first Council Housing Estate in the country; built with sufficient homes to house all of the slum dwellers that had lived there previously, none did.

You can watch the program for the next seven days here, I recommend it wholeheartedly.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 4

Comments on "Arnold Circus"

 

Blogger Steve A said ... (04:26) : 

What's the best way for a Verizon FIOS subscriber in North Texas to watch BBC2? We DO get "BBC in America."

 

Blogger Ham said ... (09:59) : 

On your PC via a proxy server

http://www.anonymous-proxies.org/2009/02/using-iplayer-abroad-viewing-bbc-via.html

or

http://thenextweb.com/apps/2010/10/30/how-to-watch-bbc-iplayer-abroad/

 

Blogger Steve A said ... (11:27) : 

Wow! Who knew?

 

Anonymous CornishCockney said ... (11:31) : 

I've been following this series but recorded last night's.
Isn't that the area in which "A Child of the Jago" was set? An fascinating book, well worth the read.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile