Sunday, June 10, 2012

Stratford Past & Present - Old Meets New



In this shot, you can see the new path come to an abrupt end and the old gasometers across the way, be back to show you more of that tomorrow.

If you were expecting Jubilee photos, I apologise - I managed to book a holiday away before realising quite when. In the meantime, photos continue in my absence if Blogger behaves.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "Stratford Past & Present - Old Meets New"

 

Blogger Petrea Burchard said ... (02:31) : 

I'm afraid I don't know what a gasometer is, but it's interesting to look at.

Don't worry about the Jubilee photos, there are plenty on the web. Videos, too.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (09:05) : 

A gasometer is a storage system for gas - the central tower inside the outer structure rises or falls with the quantity of gas, as they are not used any more the container can't be seen.

 

Blogger Petrea Burchard said ... (16:01) : 

Thanks, Ham. I took a look at Wikipedia and they have some pictures. "Gas Holder," they call it! Not nearly as interesting as gasometer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_holder

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile