Sunday, March 04, 2012

Break a Record



I've long felt an association with Julian Richer of Richer Sounds, he and I are near contemporaries and I've been buying HiFi from him for nearly as long as he has been selling it - my first JVC JRS-100 is still doing service as the amp for my PC. For those not familiar, Richer Sounds is a London business that sells proper HiFi for reduced prices and has held the Guinness record for retail value per square foot for more than 20 years.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 2

Comments on "Break a Record"

 

Anonymous Ben said ... (11:53) : 

Rightly held the record! I bought my first set of speakers and amp from Richer Sounds, 15 years ago. Through a strange twist of excellent customer service, I've still got a similar set of speakers from them (only ever paid for the first set) and they're still going strong!

 

Blogger DazAdams said ... (17:49) : 

Not just a London business but all over the UK.

I have a Double Cassette Deck, CD Player, tuner amp and JPW Mini monitors that I got from there nearly 20 years ago and still going strong.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile