Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Old Bailey



The Central Criminal Court, or Old Bailey as it is better known, has a history dating back to the 17th Century, until the 20th Century the condemned were hanged just outside. These figures above the main entrance are bound to have significance, but I'm not sure what it is.

I'm off for a while, as ever the posts should keep rolling.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 2

Comments on "The Old Bailey"

 

Blogger Wayne said ... (01:54) : 

Everything I know about the Old Bailey I learned from Rumpole.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15) : 

Your link tells you about the figures: "Over the main entrance to the building figures were placed representing fortitude, the recording angel, and truth, along with the carved inscription, “defend the children of the poor and punish the wrongdoer”."

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile