Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Skating on Thin Ice



There are increasing numbers of ice rinks appearing in London year on year, but Somerset House is one of the more established ones. Times and tickets are here, but apart from the ticket price, you will have to pay a "booking fee" - what on EARTH is that about, if there is no way you can purchase tickets without it? (including on site) That sort of underhand practice makes me really cross.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "Skating on Thin Ice"

 

Blogger Kate said ... (02:09) : 

I love to see small children learning how to skate, a wonderful recreational activity. Simply great to see the adult assistance she is getting, too.

 

Anonymous imajoebob said ... (03:46) : 

At first I was going to mention that the prices seem to have dropped since I saw this 8 years ago, but then I remembered all those extra fees. My American and Canadian classmates were excited to see it, until we saw the tariffs.

This will really irk you: they added a rink at this year's Hartford Winterfest. Check out these tariffs! (don't forget the rental skates)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (08:36) : 

There are 2x extra fees - a booking a fee and a transaction charge.

Pure profiterring -

 

Blogger Mozette said ... (10:48) : 

OOOOOHHHH! I can ice skate; but here in Australia, it far too hot to do outdoor ice skating... and that's something I'd love to do at least once in my life. :D

 

Blogger Steve A said ... (00:30) : 

Ice skating is one vice that has never appealed to me...

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile