Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Lost Lady



There is a lot of room in Hyde Park for any number of statues and memorials, this one is a little strange. I have no idea who it is, or what it commemorates, it appears to be a nymph with a sturgeon curled around her waist. The stone looks as if it is at least 200 years old, possibly more, but the face is still quite fine with unusual detail. Anyone know anything more?

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 4

Comments on "A Lost Lady"

 

Blogger ??? said ... (07:02) : 

I can at least tell you that it's supposed to be a bird bath, but otherwise I'm coming up empty with my research.

 

Blogger petoskystone said ... (12:48) : 

It is certainly beautifully done!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (14:59) : 

Bird Bath by Jon Rob. 1997

 

Blogger Ham said ... (23:18) : 

Anon, I think you will find that is a photo of what is identified as a birdbath by someone called "John Rob", it is a little older than 14 years.....

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile