Saturday, October 01, 2011

October theme Day - a mystery object



The October theme for the worldwide City Daily Photo sites is a mystery object. I thought I'd show something that isn't so much a mystery itself, it's easy to guess what it is, but there are mysteries on the other end of the ropes. Where have they been? What were they doing? Where have they been? Click here to see how others around the world interpreted the theme.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 7

Comments on "October theme Day - a mystery object"

 

Blogger Julie said ... (06:03) : 

They are muddy and frayed. That could be a lobster pot up the top there. I would say the ropes have been swinging from a fishing fleet off some little Cornish fishing village.

 

Blogger Joan Elizabeth said ... (10:29) : 

Judging from their frayed edges I'd say they have visited lots of place ... my guess they are on a boat.

 

Blogger Janet said ... (14:00) : 

I agree, from a boat. Looks like the rope has been in the water.

 

Blogger Halcyon said ... (14:42) : 

Very nice choice for the theme day. I love the texture of the rope.

 

Blogger Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said ... (15:45) : 

great image. i think ropes show such texture and interest in photos. i like your questions

 

Blogger Oakland Daily Photo said ... (20:12) : 

This photo calls to attention the intricacy of rope construction.

 

Anonymous Mark - Plymouth Wedding Photographer said ... (11:41) : 

I'm guessing you are at a dock and this is one of the ropes of a pretty sizeable boat. I love the texture and the way it shows what a hard life the rope has had.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile