Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Are we Amused?



At some point, this mural dedicated to the Queen mum has sprung up byt he steps to Carlton Terrace. I can't help thinking it's all a bit naff, but I suppose that is somehow fitting.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 2

Comments on "Are we Amused?"

 

Blogger Steve A said ... (00:41) : 

Ignorant colonial question: I presume "Queen Mum" refers to the late widow of HM George VI rather than to her daughter with the same name who currently is QE II that was played by Helen Mirren in a movie?

 

Anonymous CornishCockney said ... (17:49) : 

Awwww! I love the Queen Mum. She was a real treasure.
Yes, you're right Steve.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile