Friday, September 02, 2011

The Eaton Rifles



This brass plaque around the back of Sloane Square puts me in mind of the Jam song, Eton Rifles, which has a fascinating story to it, I especially like the recent addition of Paul Weller's comment on David Cameron.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "The Eaton Rifles"

 

Blogger Lucas Kain said ... (10:43) : 

Quite an amazing plaque, actually. Something in it reminds me of an old cowboy movie.

___
call Hong Kong

 

Blogger cara said ... (09:31) : 

Nice link. I must admit, being a kid in the 70s, the meaning of the song was lost on me. I happily sang about Eaten Trifles for years.

 

Blogger Leeds daily photo said ... (08:28) : 

Nice expensive address with a lovely plaque. One thing I learned at school, never mess with the rugger types. I love your comment Cara, great!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile