Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Elvis has left the building



Thirty four years ago on the 16th of August, Elvis Presley died. I heard that the theatre showing Million Dollar Quartet was holding a contest with free tickets to the show for anyone who turned up dressed as Elvis. As I was in the area, I thought I'd capture the moment for you all, but ..... nobody turned up. Not even the East End Elvises. Where has our spirit gone?

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 6

Comments on "Elvis has left the building"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (00:29) : 

Is that more a commentary on Elvis or The Million Dollar Quartet?

 

Blogger Yalwa said ... (08:42) : 

aw that sucks that no one showed up. elvis still rocks, even after life!

 

Blogger petoskystone said ... (14:37) : 

i'm one of a few who weren't impressed with elvis when he was still alive, much less dead.

 

Blogger JamaGenie said ... (15:05) : 

After looking at the MDQLondon website, I have to wonder why anyone thought that impromptu session at Sun could be the basis for a live show in the U.S. *or* the UK.

As for the Elvis Lookalike no-shows, I quite imagine free tickets to a show they'd already seen at least once wasn't enough of an incentive to pass up a rip-roaring wake in the King's honor elsewhere that night. Just sayin'...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (13:20) : 

Hey, they were giving free tickets for cabbies to this show so i went along! Was a fun show with good music, but they dont have a break so my bum was killing me by the end! And thats coming from a cabbie who spends his whole day on his behind! Clearly not the most comfortable seats.....:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (15:28) : 

@londiniumcabbie: You're back! I was ready to kill your bookmark. Hope we'll keep seeing more.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile