Friday, June 24, 2011

Temptation



I had a bit of a mid-life crisis moment on my ride into work on Thursday. I was going through Marble Arch just after 7 in the morning, when I came across this group of cyclists. They were just starting a ride to Paris - Arch to Arc - and I was that close to turning around and joining them. I had my bike, I had a saddlebag, what more could I need? But, I couldn't help thinking of the hell there would have been to pay at work. Which somehow made it even more appealing. I didn't, though. Just. Which is just as well because a couple of miles later I realised I didn't have my passport so it would have been a damn squib, anyway.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "Temptation"

 

Blogger Oakland Daily Photo said ... (04:58) : 

This event sounds like lots of fun. How do they cross the channel?

 

Blogger Nic said ... (08:54) : 

Oh I know that feeling....always make sure you're carrying your passport.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (17:10) : 

Sure it looks grand, but is it really worth the hassle of negotiating the ride with all your controls on the wrong side of the bike?

 

Blogger Amanda said ... (20:49) : 

I would love to do this on my electric bike, unfortunately I only can only do about 35 miles before I'd have to start making an effort!

 

Blogger Kim said ... (00:50) : 

Poor guy! Plan for next year's dates. By the way, do they ride onto a ferry?
-Kim

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile