Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kiss me, Hardy

Shot with Olympus E620
Nelson towers above modern British history like his monument towers above Trafalgar Square. His tomb is in the crypt at St Paul's Cathedral which was free to visit last Saturday. He died after being shot at the Battle of Trafalgar. Given that some of his last words seem to verge into delirium (as the title), one has to question his reported ultimate breath: "God and my country", but I suppose poetic license must be allowed.

It is commonly known that after his death his body was preserved in a barrel of brandy to return to England, but I particularly like it that he was carried back in.... HMS Pickle.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Kiss me, Hardy"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile