Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Palm House, Kew

Shot with Olympus E620
Of course, that magnificent tree was in Kew Gardens - if you look carefully at the large picture from yesterday, you will see the tree plate, which was a clue. Here we have the iconic Palm House, built in the 19th Century using shipbuilding skills turned upside down (ooo yes...)

I have a confession to make. As far as I am aware, Kew was the only major London attraction that I had never in my life visited up to last weekend, why that was so is a mystery even to me. I can report that it was magnificent, and likely to become more so over the next week.Actually, even better than RHS Wisley, I will be back. Not cheap, but a fantastic place to visit.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "The Palm House, Kew"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile