Sunday, September 19, 2010

Takeoff



I was outside London today, fulfilling a lifetime ambition to fly in a glider. Considering that I've been thinking about this for over 40 years, I'm very happy to report it lived up to expectations.

Courtesy of a birthday present from Mrs Ham, I spent the day at the club flying. From the height of 2,500 feet I could see London, that's my excuse for posting this. I will be back, but probably not until I have the time to devote to it.

(For those interested, this is the moment of takeoff. While it looks calm, the winch is pulling the plane with a 0-60 acceleration of about 2 seconds, and it is just about to head up into the skies at a 45 degree angle)

posted by Ham at 06:35 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Takeoff"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile