Sunday, August 29, 2010

My London Workplaces - No 5

Shot with Olympus E620
A series of photos from the places I have worked over the years, allowing me to reminisce and chart the changes to London over the years.

Well, it is 1978 and I'm still with EMI, but I've moved to EMI Dancing - the bit that did nightclubs - and the company has moved to Tottenham Court Road. And we were right in the middle of Saturday Night Fever fever.

The new building was part of the renovation of Tottenham Court Road, and a mixed bag for me.The street itself used to be full of odd shops, electrical and ex-WD, and a wonderful treasure trove to trawl through when you had little money. Also, the old building (and the ABC cinema in shot here) was where the Open Space Theatre was housed, the most fantastic London discovery I ewer made, and one that made me a lifelong theatre addict. Losing it was the beginning of the end for the theatre.

But, right at the heart of the disco scene and the World Disco Dancing Championships was a good place for a young lad to be. OK, you know you want the video.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "My London Workplaces - No 5"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile