Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My London Workplaces - No 1

Shot with Olympus E620
A series of photos from the places I have worked over the years, allowing me to reminisce and chart the changes to London over the years.

Appropriately enough my first two job locations were the hardest to photograph as the buildings have disappeared completely. My first job was helping out in a sheet metal factory. Back in the early 70's this part of the East End, Shoreditch, was full of small workshops and factories. There are still one or two, but they are very much the exception. There were also a number of "stripper" pubs that provided workers with entertainment, this photo shows two that were both pubs then, now one calls itself a "Gentleman's Bar" the other a "Table Dancing Venue". The second job was selling sticky tape over the telephone, from a little garret office in teh Shoreditch High Street.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "My London Workplaces - No 1"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile