Friday, February 05, 2010

Maharaja Ranjit Singh



My commute to work these days is just short of 30 miles each way, one side of London to another. Train aided in this rough weather (most days) I do get to cycle the western 8 miles. Leaving shortly after six, returning after eight, I've been keeping my eyes open for photo ops as I roll through a particularly bleak part of town but there is little to make me want to stop. It doesn't help it is dark both ways, too. That is, until finding this outside Guru Nanak School. Maharaja Ranjit Singh appears to have been a colourful character in Sikh history, worthy of standing high in the pantheon of a warrior nation. The school has an impressive record conquering exams and Ofsted.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Maharaja Ranjit Singh"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile