Monday, September 14, 2009

Window Seat, Please



You may have gathered that my work these days is taking me to far(ish) away places, I confess that as often as I fly I am one of those who has never lost the thrill of looking out the window. This is especially the case for London, so when I took off last Monday from London City Airport heading west and then cirled east, it was a golden opportunity. Pictures aren't fantastic out of the window, but this one has a few noteworthy features: The circle at the bottom left is the new Olympic Stadium, you can see most of the Olympic site in this shot. The canals being used to transport a lot of the material are clear (running left to right) as is the curve of the Thames by Barking Creek (top right). The lower reaches of Epping Forest can be seen top left. And, if you follow a line from the bottom of the engine cowling down to the patch of green, and then move a fraction to the right, not quite at the end of the green bit ..... Ham's home!!

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 2

Comments on "Window Seat, Please"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (16:47) : 

Always a window seat!! I love looking out the window, either at take offs or landings or just the interesting cloud formations, especially if there's a storm brewing somewhere around.

 

Blogger Tinsie said ... (12:29) : 

Cool shot!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile