Saturday, August 08, 2009

By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

Shot with Olympus E520
The feature about All Hallows by the Tower that really surprised me was its museum in the undercroft. Small, but with some astonishing artefacts and historical documents that give you a fantastic sense of some of London's history. They also have the best preserved Roman mosaic floor.

I've passed this church by many times, mostly because of the proximity to the tourist hordes at the Tower of London, but I really enjoyed my visit - I recommend it to all.


I'm away for a few weeks, daily photos will continue to appear courtesy of Blogger's automated feature - as long as it is working.

Labels: ,

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile