Saturday, March 21, 2009

Still Life with Beer, Menu and a Place Setting

Shot with Olympus E520
It was almost a year ago I passed the outpost of Gordon Ramsay's empire that is The Narrow, said I'd go in and report back.

I can tell you that it was a resounding success, and an experience I would heartily recommend.

First, it does "pub" well - good location, good beer, good service at the bar. Then, the menu is crafted well for the location - good, honest food that make both the customer and restaurateur happy. Old favourites for example fish & chips, bangers & mash or what I had - pig cheeks - are all served impeccably cooked and with sauces and flavours that let you know that just that bit more trouble was taken over preparing it. I started with devilled kidneys, followed by pig cheeks and then rhubarb tart. The meal including drinks came to just over £40 a head, and I'd say that was excellent value.

posted by Ham at 00:46 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Still Life with Beer, Menu and a Place Setting"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile