Friday, September 12, 2008

Every Picture Tells a Story



Just goes to show - I've been passing by this for three years without taking any notice. The hoardings behind the Tate Modern are covered with what looks like old press cuttings about the local borough, Southwark - I just thought it was done by the local history society or something and I didn't take much notice. I stopped and had a look, and started to realise that not all the cuttings are genuine. My curiosity piqued I found myself absorbed for quite a while while the border between fact, fiction and history blurred before my eyes.

Turns out it is an artwork by Elsebeth Jørgensen and Pia Rönicke titled Unofficial Deposited Records (2005). An overview is here.

Labels:

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Every Picture Tells a Story"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile