Saturday, June 14, 2008

Rooftop View

Shot with Olympus E520
While in Trafalger Square, I discovered what must be one of the best rooftop views that I would recommend to Londoners and tourists alike. This is the roof garden and bar at the Trafalgar Hotel. The surprising thing about it is that, because of the lack of high buildings in immediate view, it feels a little like Paris (like this shot). You could just wander up, look at the view and go back down, but I reckon you won't find a better view with a drink in your hand. I was there on a Sunday afternoon, and it was pretty quiet. I can also add that the staff were universally friendly and helpful, I will definitely be returning.

See where on the London Daily Photo Map

Labels: ,

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 2

Comments on "Rooftop View"

 

Blogger BlueAngel said ... (08:39) : 

an absolutely incredibly view!!!

I was browsing the net searching from some inspiration and excitement of london. I will be there in july. This pic certainly has stired up much intrigue into my arrival. I look foward to sharing in the view in person :)

 

Blogger NancyN said ... (23:43) : 

Great view! I've added it to my 'must do' list for September - am also going to visit some of your elephants -- thanks for brightening my trip!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile