Friday, April 25, 2008

Real Vinyl

Shot with Olympus E510
Remember that odd pleasure that records gave you? The attention they demanded to keep the music flowing? The record that always jum ped in the same place, so you ended up thinking that was what the song was meant to sound like? Putting a record onto repeat on a Dansette? Waiting for the valve on the Dansette to warm up? Ooops - I may be getting over nostalgic there. I'll never go back, but I can't help thinking that something was lost along with the gain of 200,000 tracks at your fingertips. What was your favourite record? If I had to choose one, probably Disraeli Gears (Cream) in mono.

This is Nudge Records in Hanway Street, off Brick Lane. A real record shop.

See where on the London Daily Photo Map

Labels: ,

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Real Vinyl"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile