Saturday, March 22, 2008

Who wants yesterday's papers?

Shot with Olympus E510
An artist by the name of Sumer Erek did, apparently. He, with help from loads of people turned 85,000 discarded free papers into a house. You can see an article and video about the making of the house here. I saw it in Dalston, now it's off on its travels around the country.

And talking of recycling - have you noticed my new feature on the right hand side? Now, you can click the button and get taken to a random page from the more than 800 daily photos in this blog.

Labels: , ,

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 1

Comments on "Who wants yesterday's papers?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (14:20) : 

I never saw a house made out of newspapers but they are ground up over here and made into house insulation that is blow into walls and in the attic after being treated with a fire retardant. They are also used for wallpaper in many places. My grandfather always had the rooms in his log house papered with newspapers. He used to colored comic pages for one wall in the living room. You could set on a couch in the parlor and read the newspapers from 10 years ago.

You can see a map of where I live on my brookville blog and how I plan to spend some of my royalty check.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile