Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Broadway Market's Buskers

Shot with Olympus E510
I couldn't leave the market without telling you about the buskers. I don't remember the last time I saw an accordion player in London - I do remember the last time I read about them, though, and that was Annie Proulx's Accordion Crimes which I would heartily recommend (the link takes you to an excerpt).

There was an interesting amalgam of busking when I was there - this accordion player, a rather good folky guitar/singer girl and a 10 or 11 year old boy playing.... violin. That put me in mind of the great Londoner, Samuel Johnson's quote "Sir, a woman's preaching is like a dog's walking on his hind legs. It is not done well; but you are surprised to find it done at all." OK, I'm being unfair, but you did have to take his age into consideration when assessing the quality. All in all, good sounds adding to a great atmosphere.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Ham at 00:58 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Broadway Market's Buskers"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile