Monday, December 10, 2007

Up a lazy river

Shot with Olympus E510
Another reminder of London's past are the canals that lace their way unseen through the maze of streets. Time was when they kept the life of the city going - most heavy goods would be transported by barge. Of course, what goes around comes around, and the canals are going to be getting a new sense of importance, as they will be used to transport a lot of the construction materials to the 2012 games site.

I've brought you to the Regent's Canal today, ten minues by foot from the city, to show another life and to ease you gently into a new week. Have a good Monday.

See where on the London Daily Photo Map

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 2

Comments on "Up a lazy river"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (13:18) : 

That's a nice photograph. I like the scene with the canal boats tied up. It reminds me of the canals that used to run throughout Ohio but no more. I can only find one place where there is even a hint that they were here.

I like your post today.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (19:23) : 

Ham my father's written a poem to my mother (so what you might say LOL) it's about them growing up and their lives together in London. Thought since you're all dewy weddingy eyed yourself you might be interested. At Things UK not Chelt.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile