Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Art of Lee Miller

Shot with Olympus E510
Today we come to the reason for the Olympus touch-me feel-me E3 frenzy being at the V&A, and also a way to get a FREE E3.

Olympus have sponsored the Lee Miller exhibition, at the V&A, and we were able to visit. I knew something about her reputation but little detail beforehand and I can honestly say the exhibition blew me away. Lee Miller was a stunningly beautiful model, who became a photographer after working for, and then collaborating with, Man Ray. Her images continually surprise, and the exhibition has been well curated to help you enjoy them. I may even go back and pay money to see it again.

How to get a free E3? Easy, win the competition..

posted by Ham at 01:10 -- Comments here: 2

Comments on "The Art of Lee Miller"

 

Blogger Wayne said ... (05:40) : 

It all sounds very interesting Ham... but I think I need to work on winning return visits to my blog for now, and shoot for competition grade results in time. :)
Thanks,
Wayne

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (15:39) : 

I'm interested to read your reaction Ham - I was going to see the exhibition in Germany (not sure if it's the same one) because I wanted to make up my own mind about the photography. She is often sneered at a little - someone who was able to get into desirable locations (If you can call the allied offensive in WWII a desirable location) by dint of her looks and connections. However, I never made it

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile