Wednesday, September 26, 2007

St Columba's, Pont Street

Shot with Olympus E510
Walking down Pont Street for The Way We See It this week, I came across this rather beautiful Scottish Church, St Columba's. you can read the history of the church here. But having never heard of that saint I thought I'd resarch a little, and I was delighted to find he was responsible for possibly the first copyright dispute.

posted by Ham at 00:44 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "St Columba's, Pont Street"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (08:15) : 

Wow, excellent story.

 

Blogger Steve Buser said ... (11:31) : 

Interesting links about the Church and St. Colomba. Good stories.

--steve buser
New Orleans Daily Photo

 

Blogger Z said ... (11:49) : 

I enjoyed reading about the copyright dispute! Also, the multiple-coats wall was a great find!

BTW, I don't think CH can claim Krups. Originally German, it is now owned by a French group. All these buy-outs and such make for complicated histories!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (16:01) : 

Interesting post. I find the building very much like some of the early adobe churches in Texas.

My Japanese Blog
My Birds Blog

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (22:12) : 

Love the angle you've taken this, Ham. Looks great. Crisp morning air?

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile