Monday, August 27, 2007

Notting Hill Gate Carnival

Shot with Olympus E500
August Bank Holiday in London means Notting Hill Gate Carnival, the largest street party in Europe. Two days of costumes, dancing, jerk chicken and goat curry, and louder music than you would think possible. OK, OK, I must be getting old.

Two more photos here and here

posted by Ham at 00:15 -- Comments here: 4

Comments on "Notting Hill Gate Carnival"

 

Blogger Kate said ... (03:48) : 

Great costumes on all three photos!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55) : 

Nice photography. Very interesting costume.

Yes, and thanks for your visit and comments about dad's clock. We have become obsessed with time.

Some expressions I remember from his were, "I'll see you when I get there."

Just My Birds Blog

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (19:20) : 

Great photo! Bet your ears are ringing.

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (12:36) : 

Am trying to catch up on your photos. I love this one. Reminds me of the Mummers parade in Philadelphia. As many times as I've been to Brazil, I've never seen the carnival there. Better organise my business trips better I guess!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile