Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Gherkin

Shot with Olympus E500
While I was standing there, I had to turn around and shoot the Gherkin, didn't I?

As I've said before, the Gherkin is one of my favourite London buildings, especially because of the way it changes according to where you are. Here are my previous photos of it: 1, 2, 3, 4

posted by Ham at 00:27 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "The Gherkin"

 

Blogger neuköLln said ... (10:53) : 

I miss London! I miss Gherkin!
Your blog helped me to prepare my stay (2 monthes) in London, like this day http://garance-p.blogspot.com/2006/10/day-40.html
so... thanks!

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (12:13) : 

This is a very good shot; i've never met the Gherkin in person. Love the angle.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (20:09) : 

I should write lines, "Must remember to say Gherkin." There was me calling it a suppository for some reason. :)

 

Blogger Ann (MobayDP) said ... (16:30) : 

lol pamela! :-D

Gherkin and cheese...now I get it :o) I wonder if they'll have a burger building next.

 

Blogger Kim said ... (20:11) : 

Ham,
In quilting we have a block pattern called "Pickle Dish" that is reminiscent of cut glass facets. Here you give us the pickle and the dish in one! This is a wonderful shot. Love the POV.
-Kim

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile