Friday, May 18, 2007

Pity the poor gardener


Today, I'm featuring the National Theatre, which is currently sheathed in..... grass. It's the work of Heather Ackroyd and Dan Harvey. Apparently, 1,875,000,000 grass seeds were involved.

There's the gardener in yellow, watering the grass - I'd love to be around when he mows it. And the chap standing next to him is.... you'll have to wait till tomorrow. OK I know a lot of you may know, but some won't.

London Daily Photo Google Map

posted by Ham at 00:37 -- Comments here: 8

Comments on "Pity the poor gardener"

 

Blogger Olive said ... (03:42) : 

Isn't that a statue beside him???
It looks really cool when you enlarge the picture!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (08:19) : 

Though I do know who his "friend" is (after looking at the full size version)....the little image at first looks like a standing bloke with a guide dog. "Woof, don't take another step, woof!"

Excellent shot.

 

Blogger jonemo said ... (10:43) : 

I just couldn't resist doing it: I took some time to start my own (West) London Daily Map this morning. The idea was in the back of my head since starting this daily photo business last year but it took Ham to get me started on it... It will be interesting to see how our photos are spread across town. I will probably add my older photos as well just to see whether I have been favouring any particular part of London :D

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (12:03) : 

I don't know! Oooooh this makes me feel quite wobbly i can hardly look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23) : 

Your excellent picture also demonstrates the eternal truth that the grass is always greener on the other side!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (18:36) : 

Actually calypso theres no grass on the other side at all... :)

Failing the man with dog effect my next thought was very Dr.Who-ish....and then it reminded me of "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and Ringo Starr's Goodnight Vienna album that used the same robot. And then I made a slight detour and went down to see it....and then lots of things came to mind once seeing the rest of them....which is presumably the point.

Excellent.

 

Blogger Invalid Password said ... (01:13) : 

that's an incredible photo.

 

Blogger Laura said ... (18:10) : 

I love how there's some gaps in it. Makes it seem more real. Great photo!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile