Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Do Not Adjust Your Set



On a wet and cold (7 degrees) bank holiday in London, the Tate Modern has considerable appeal.

The Tate Modern is challenging - a lot of the pieces might leave you wondering, "couldn't a five year old do better?" but then, you find that they made you think... and isn't that the point of art - to make you see the world in a different way?

So I could have left you with Rodin's kiss, some challenging African art, a bit of Lichtenstein, but here is a shot of a room that just makes you want to leave.

See where London Daily Photo Map

posted by Ham at 00:27 -- Comments here: 8

Comments on "Do Not Adjust Your Set"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (01:01) : 

Did you have to do some clandestine work to get your shot? When I was there in March, I was asked to put my camera away! Despite that, I enjoyed my visit to the Tate Modern very much.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10) : 

Great building, though.

 

Blogger Kunterbunt said ... (12:03) : 

An interesting graphial photo of a modern facade.

 

Blogger Olive said ... (14:19) : 

I had the same thought as beth, how did you get these pictures??
I remember when I was there, they had a wall of propoganda from WWII, and I tried to take a picture and they told me to stop. Although I do have that ONE picture now :)
I love the "bit of Lichtenstein" one!

 

Blogger GaĆ«lle said ... (15:00) : 

I love the Tate Modern! Did you saw the room with Mark Rothko's work?

 

Blogger Ham said ... (15:58) : 

Beth, Olive - yes I was naughty, wasn't I? ;-)

April, it's a work of art. A room where all four walls are in this eye-bending pattern.

Bleeding Orange - yes. I found it very interesting. My initial reaction wasn't that positive, but if you sit a while they become very moody and your mind creates images. (For those that don't know, Rothko has a room with 9 (?) very large abstract canvasses.)

 

Blogger Jean said ... (02:05) : 

Love it!

 

Blogger tNt said ... (23:42) : 

challenging :)

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile