Monday, April 09, 2007

London Bricks



London bricks define the look of London, and there is brisk trade in reclaimed ones. However, I've not seen them used as a medium for sculpture in any other city. This brickwork can be seen in South Audley Street, here is another picture.

posted by Ham at 00:08 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "London Bricks"

 

Blogger Olive said ... (02:34) : 

I love the expression on that face! Is this on a particular building? I feel like I've seen it before...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (09:10) : 

I saw some sculpture in brick recently in Newport, South Wales (over the road from the train station - so the sculpture was of a train, unsurprisingly).

 

Blogger Ham said ... (10:08) : 

Olive, I think it is because it is of Old Man Neptune - a common figure in London This is another place you can find him - there are many others.

Jackie - It's surprising brick isn't used more frequently, but I don't think I've seen stocks being used like this (they would normally be considered too soft, I suppose)

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (13:55) : 

Beautiful brickwork.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (17:15) : 

I don't think I have ever seen brick work quite like this before.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile