Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Living in the Past



If you come here often, you must have seen how I prefer the individual to the chain, the quirky to the bland. It's cities like London that allow places like this - All Flutes Plus to exist. That's what they sell: flutes. I confess to knowing little about flutes but, at a guess, this little shop must be the best place in the UK, perhaps the world, for a flute. As Ian Anderson would have said - That's living in the past. If you feel the need there are a few Jethro Tull clips here and here.

posted by Ham at 00:27 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "Living in the Past"

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (11:39) : 

Oooh wasn't he Woodstock and all that? What a great photo this is, Ham. You've captured the beauty and classic nature of them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13) : 

The only Tull I really know is "Too Old to Rock'n'Roll, Too young to die" which is an excellent album.

Nice FLutes!

 

Blogger Olive said ... (18:12) : 

Nice flutes!
I love Jethro Tull. Aqualung is one of my favourite songs... although it was a bit before me time, my dad passed it on to me...
Your blog made me go and put on one of his old records.

 

Blogger Z said ... (18:16) : 

The first connection I made when I saw this photo was to the Giger work "Birth Machine" outside his museum in Gruyères. They're not really similar, except for the cold metal look, but that's what I thought of. Link to my post about the museum:
http://tinyurl.com/2jkl3b

Villigen, CH

 

Blogger AinZ said ... (11:31) : 

I love this picture! If only I had any musical talent...

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile