Thursday, March 15, 2007

Eye do not believe it!



Tonight, I was invited in the illustrious company of the Diamond Geezer and Others to an event to celebrate the 25,000,000 visitor to the Eye. However, their site is not properly online yet and I'm knackered, so I'll leave you with a picture of what you see as you walk up to the Eye for tonight, and I'll carry on the story tomorrow.

posted by Ham at 00:19 -- Comments here: 9

Comments on "Eye do not believe it!"

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (00:26) : 

What a beautiful photo Ham. Silhouetted against such lovely colours. Much more tasteful than all the sex going on in Paris (yesterday) just awful it was. Nothing to do with me :0

 

Blogger Kitten Heels said ... (00:33) : 

The London Eye scares me when I get up close to it, I go dizzy looking up!

Can't wait for the story!

 

Blogger Olive said ... (01:44) : 

It makes me dizzy too, I nearly fell down backwards the first time I saw it (from up close)... I'm kind of afraid of heights...
25 MILLION people have been to see it, or to ride it???

 

Blogger Jazzy said ... (05:05) : 

that's a lovely sight Ham, must have been great night.
i've got a 'real elephant' pic for you on my page today =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (08:57) : 

I just read Diamond Geezer's account of the Eye, and figured you'd probably have been there too!

 

Blogger Newbie said ... (12:05) : 

Goodness, I was sat on one of the little square bollards around that light last night... I might have seen you and not even realised!

It was lovely. I love that view.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (00:41) : 

Lynn - what do you expect from those continentals? (and I do a mean trotters on lentils ;-) )

olive - 25,000,000 have been to ride on it. Phenomenal

Newbie - I would have waved

 

Blogger scouter573 said ... (05:18) : 

We stayed at the hotel just to the left in the photo - December 2006. Fabulous location for vacationers. The Eye was the first touristy thing we did in London.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (09:40) : 

The Eye has such spectacular view of London.

Guess the only thing that I did not like was the long long long queue.. ;-P

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile