Sunday, March 25, 2007

Bang the drum for Zimbabwe



Ever since 2002, there has been a vigil each Saturday outside the Zimbabwe embassy in the Strand..... until there are free and fair elections.

I don't know about you, but Mugabe's rampage through his country's inheritance has left me disbelieving. These days, there seems to be a glimmer of hope - I do hope so. there was a joy to the people singing and dancing that is often absent. I hope that by the time you come to look, there is no more vigil. I fear there may be for a while.

posted by Ham at 00:16 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "Bang the drum for Zimbabwe"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (23:22) : 

Funnily enough I went there today to give the people in the vigil support. Sadly, I do not share your optimism. Even if Mugabe goes the evil he has done will live after him for a long time. If nothing else, there will be a settling of scores.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (07:25) : 

Helen, I'm sorry to say I agree with you. I was listening today to a BBC reporter explaining the currently likely outcomes, and it sound like zanu pf are likely to be around for a while. Just so many have been killed and done away with.

 

Blogger JaamZIN said ... (08:43) : 

I love African drumplayers. Its always full of energy

 

Blogger エスタ said ... (13:43) : 

Just discovered your blog and wanted to say thank you. I now live in Japan, and its so wonderful to see pictures of and read about home! Keep going, I read with great interest! ☆

Esther

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:45) : 

I wonder why NATO countries don't invade and take out the evil regime. It's just as bad, if not worse than Iraq. Perhaps if there was oil there...

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile