Saturday, January 20, 2007

A nice cuppa....



Every so often, building work uncovers history, rather like archaeology. This sign is at East Ham Station (no relation), and advertises a cup of tea for two old pence - 1p or about 1.5c today.

posted by Ham at 00:54 -- Comments here: 6

Comments on "A nice cuppa...."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16) : 

Lovely picture.. I love it when this sort of thing shows up. Excellent.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (13:01) : 

Talking about a cup of tea, Ham, what I want to know is, what's for Sunday lunch tomorrow? Are we all invited? Hope it's roast lamb, my favourite ...! I'd like to see if your oven really IS that clean. (You can tell I'm jealous. I haven't stopped thinking about your sparkling oven all week ...)

 

Blogger Julia Buckley said ... (16:09) : 

How lovely. Well spotted.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (18:57) : 

I hope they are not going to knock the building down and repalce it with some featureless concrete block.

 

Blogger Sally said ... (21:16) : 

Very nice, she says as she sips on a nice cuppa (in a bone china cup .... the only way! )

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (17:18) : 

Yes that roast would be very welcome. This sign is great, how lovely it must have been to discover it.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile