Thursday, September 28, 2006

Tin Pan Alley



Today and tomorrow I'm going to take you down London's Tin Pan Alley - Denmark Street, Today's shot is inside one of the oldest shops in the road, Andy's Guitar Shop. This is where to bring your guiitar to get it fixed, properly. I bought my own 1950's Eko Maccaferri copy here 25 years ago (gulp - looks like I may have a bit of a classic on my hands). Here, it's all about music. Want to see one of their rare guitars on sale? This is one made by Chris Jagger, Mick Jagger's brother. Yes, that one.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 6

Comments on "Tin Pan Alley"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (08:16) : 

Wonder if you'll snap any rock stars on your travels?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24) : 

Ah yes, many an hour spent looking through the windows down that way. Bizarrely I think "Andy's" is probably the only shop round there that I've not ever bought anything from!

 

Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said ... (14:09) : 

Looks like the ideal spot for a music fan.

 

Blogger Oleanderman said ... (19:28) : 

Walked past a couple of times and never been in. It's good to see the inside.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (19:39) : 

years ago I used to play in a music group. And I always dreamed of a real Fender.:)

 

Blogger Kate said ... (05:21) : 

Great maccaferri photo! I'd love to see more of those musical instruments.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile