Sunday, September 24, 2006

LIFFE Trader



Whem the sculpture of this futures trader was commissioned, in 1996, I wonder if they realised just how obsolute the phone would look ten years later? You can find this in the street opposite Cannon Street Station. I'll have to try to get a picture of a real live trader for you guys. Here is a short explanation of what futures are.

posted by Ham at 00:09 -- Comments here: 6

Comments on "LIFFE Trader"

 

Blogger ems said ... (08:21) : 

It's a wonderful statute in that it totally captures a moment in time. It'd be interesting to see peoples' reactions in say fifty years time - we're already laughing at the phone.

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (09:14) : 

I agree EMS...I was thinking the same thing. In 50 years they'll be saying, "can you believe they used to have to hold these things before they were integrated into our brains?!"

 

Blogger Nathalie H.D. said ... (13:06) : 

Brilliant photo, nice and crisp, and the comment is excellent too! You should definitely avoid showing technology in a statue, unless you specifically want to make reference to a point in time...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (15:48) : 

Wonder who the statue was based on? I bet he looks different 10 years later.

 

Blogger Annie said ... (18:13) : 

I do love seeing statues in public places. I remember walking on the streets of London and coming upon several. I didn't see this one, though, and would have liked to.

 

Blogger PRITAM said ... (14:04) : 

nice photo. if u have our ime pls visi m blog http://pritphoto.blogspot.com

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile