Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Leopard



London has quite a few odd little sculptures, and this is one of my favorites. Located near St Pauls, this leopard (by Jonathan Kenworthy) sits in splendour high in a small triangle of luxurious planting. I don't suppose most people have noticed it, let alone considered the incongruity.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "The Leopard"

 

Blogger Jing said ... (01:36) : 

:)
hmm...can we change his(the leopard) coat??
:D
i want him wear a colorful coat~~
...jing

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (07:54) : 

Looks ready to pounce on a pigeon or two.

 

Blogger ems said ... (13:35) : 

I am feeling very pleased with myself - I knew where this was situated. I've often passed by on the bus.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (17:56) : 

Jing - would be fun for someone with a paint pot !

GM - Have you ever read Terry Pratchett? I'm thinking of the gargoyle's diet here ;-)

Ems - you should be proud of yourself, too. I bet that most people wouldn't notice it - it's above eye level and its in foliage, and also it's not that much of a thoroughfare.

 

Blogger Nathalie H.D. said ... (00:24) : 

Aaaaah, not bad! I love the way he threads lightly in the 'bush'!!!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile