Thursday, August 31, 2006

I really should stop drinking....



From some angles this building looks like a headlamp, which is why it has earned that nickname. Personally, from this angle I think it looks like a lop-sided pile of plates, pushed over. But what if it's us that can't see straight?

This is the building for the Greater London Authority and the Mayor of London, in More London.

posted by Ham at 00:21 -- Comments here: 8

Comments on "I really should stop drinking...."

 

Blogger Annie said ... (02:02) : 

Funny title for this post. It's easy to imagine seeing this after a few too many drinks.

And speaking of things that look like the names they're called (Headlight Building, for example) you left a message on my blog telling me that the mushrooms I'd photographed were called Parasol Mushrooms. No wonder, they look just like that. Thanks for the information. And the recipe idea - I do love to have sauteed mushrooms and onions with my steaks. Now I'll try with an omelet.

 

Blogger Edulabbe said ... (04:00) : 

Very nice building. It really stands out in front of the London Bridge!
BTW, I posted my own "multicultural" photo, inspired by the picture you posted the other day.
Greetings from Chile.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (04:33) : 

Makes me think of a Slinky. Great shot.

 

Blogger ems said ... (09:16) : 

Cristina beat me to it - definitely reminiscent of a slinky from this angle.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (21:38) : 

...iiit's a wonderful toy!!

 

Blogger Ham said ... (00:44) : 

You are so right! Henceforth, the slinky building it is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (03:28) : 

Great photo ! Love it!

 

Blogger Jing said ... (08:10) : 

I like this photo!
:) it really makes me feel i am a little dizzy~~~like a drunk.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile