Friday, August 18, 2006

The British Museum



The British Museum is a truly great place to visit. Apart from the amazing quantity or artefacts that we managed to pillage from around the world, it is free! And, you can take photographs! How good is that? The newly opened Great Court, designed by Norman Foster has quickly become a photographic favourite, this is my shot for you; the sculpture is part of Word into Art.

posted by Ham at 00:03 -- Comments here: 7

Comments on "The British Museum"

 

Blogger Kim said ... (02:15) : 

Wow, I can see why it's popular with photographers. Such possibilities: geometrics, shaodows, curves, blocks of colo(u)r, reflections.. .
I like you composition here.
-Kim

 

Blogger Kim said ... (02:16) : 

Your, I meant, your composition. sorry for the typo.. .
-Kim

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (21:36) : 

This is a gorgeous shot, Ham.

Funny, as soon as I saw your headline in my feed reader, the thought crossed my mind to wonder if they had ever given the Parthenon Marbles back. I saw the Parthenon in Greece in 1985 and later went to see the rest of it in the British Museum. :)

 

Blogger Ineke said ... (08:17) : 

Very pretty!

 

Blogger Sally said ... (13:10) : 

One of my favourite places in the world, and the courtyard is magnificent. Terrific shot - you have done it justice!

 

Blogger Jean said ... (14:41) : 

Fabulous shot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (21:59) : 

Beautiful pic ! I took some when I visited the Museum, it is so nice to play with the architecture :-))) !

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile