Sunday, July 23, 2006

Music in the Park



Here's an event that really shows what London is about. True, it is a vast metropolis but within that each distruct finds ther own identity. I am fortunate to live in one of those areas where the mix works.

Today Mrs Ham and I walked down to join in Music in the Park". This is real community event that has been happening for six years. Organised by the community (actually, our local libraian!) the day passes in good humour with some excellent music. The headline act was the Mbawula South African Township Band with a Soweto choir - ably assisted by the Zulu Choir from Wanstead High School, the local school.

The building you can see has a history, I think I'll return to that another day.

A local event, for local people.

posted by Ham at 00:51 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "Music in the Park"

 

Blogger kjola said ... (07:27) : 

Hallo,
Thank you for the possibility of the virtual visits to London. It's great to discover a new place every day :)
I came across your photo blog first and than found that other cities also have ones, which I now visit regularly. It's a really great idea!

I liked the idea so much that 3 days ago I started mu own city's photo blog too, probably the first city from Poland! You're invitied to visit! :) I'm at www.katowicedailyphoto.blogspot.com

Thanx again for your photoblog.

 

Blogger Jenny said ... (19:29) : 

I love events like this one - they bring the community together!

 

Blogger Kim said ... (07:11) : 

Can we all come next year? It looks wonderful. Wish we could hear a bit of it, too.
-Kim

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile