Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Bank Holiday Monday



I wanted to show you a typical Bank Holiday Monday in London. I considered a picture of a traffic jam or the queue at the checkouts in a DIY store, but ended up with a Bank Holiday Funfair.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 11

Comments on "Bank Holiday Monday"

 

Blogger harveydean said ... (23:58) : 

Smasher of a shot Ham - did you have to lie down to get this? Looks risky ;)

 

Blogger G Fraser said ... (00:50) : 

awwwwwww, a traffic jam on the M25 would have been much better!! nice shot though ham...great perspective.

 

Blogger Michael Salone said ... (05:57) : 

And you selected well Ham. The sky is blue, the colours are "eastery", and the motion is relaxing for a day off. Hope you enjoyed yours!

 

Blogger Pierre said ... (10:44) : 

Great angle of view... A beautiful pic!

 

Blogger jenni said ... (15:16) : 

great shot! Love the color which only adds to the general merryment of the image!

 

Blogger Jean said ... (23:42) : 

Just where were you positioned to get such a fabulour shot?

 

Blogger Ham said ... (00:29) : 

Dean, Jean, I was pretty low down! I had two problems - one to take the picture, the other to make certain people didn't think I was looking up skirts!

Grant, Chris, Ok, Ok. You won't have to wait long

Michael, Pierre, Jenni, thanks!

 

Blogger Lore said ... (07:00) : 

Wonderful shot!!! very nice angle and composition!! i love all that happy and colourful motion!!! gREat shot!!!

 

Blogger HappySlob said ... (17:24) : 

Ham,

I love this shot! It feels absolutely carefree, as if you're right there squealing and having a great old time. :)

May I ask - what type of camera do you use? I think I'm the last person on earth who DOESN'T have a dig camera. Is that what you use?

Thanks again for such a wonderful blog,
Christina

 

Blogger Ham said ... (00:42) : 

Christina, thanks! To answer your question, I use an Olympus e500 Digital SLR most of the time, and a Panasonic Lumix LZ-1 as well. Drop me a mail if you'd like to know more.

 

Blogger HappySlob said ... (04:39) : 

Hi again Ham,

Cool - I have a good old fashioned Nikon SLR that I use, and an ancient clunky Canon. I just love the feel of big clunky cameras! hehe But, now that I'm a blogger I want to add some photos and the hassle of using a 'regular' camera makes it a bit difficult. (Also, I'm lazy. The HappySlob tag should've given that away. hehe)

I might have to drop you a line and ask some questions. When it comes to anything remotely digital, I become a blathering idiot. :) Thanks for the offer of help.

Take care,
Christina

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile