Saturday, March 18, 2006

On the outside looking in



It's St Patricks Day and I've been on taxi driving duties, so it was outside looking in for me.

I will leave you with one of my favorite Irish Jokes:

It's Friday night: Paddy walks into a bar, and orders four pints of Guinness. The barman serves him, he takes all four to a table and drinks them, one after the other. Back to the bar, he orders another four - takes them to a table and drinks them one after the other and leaves.

He does this every Friday night for the next few months. After a few weeks, the barman says to him, "Paddy, I know you like your guiness cold - why don't you order one at a time, then I could pour them fresh for you."

"Ah, you don't undestand," says Paddy "I've got three brothers and we all used to go out drinking of a Friday night. Now Murphy, Michael and Fergus live in the USA, Canada and Australia and we never see each other. So we all go out in our own towns and drink together on a Friday night"

Time went by and one Friday, Paddy comes in and orders only three pints of Guinness. The barman is distraught. "I'm sorry that one of your brothers has died" he says.

"Died?" said Paddy, "they're all fine. It's me, I've given up drinking."

posted by Ham at 00:33 -- Comments here: 6

Comments on "On the outside looking in"

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (06:21) : 

hahahaha, very funny!

 

Blogger Eric said ... (12:08) : 

Yeah, yeah ;) !

 

Blogger Amande said ... (13:13) : 

Excellent!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (23:09) : 

For me, this photograph evokes the feelings of the outsider looking in. I think the blur and the individual elements of this photograph really combine effectively. In other words, I like this photo a lot!

 

Blogger scouter573 said ... (19:52) : 

Taxi-driving duties? Is this a second (or third) job or a way of saying "designated driver"?

I suggest it may be a third job because LDP is a job unto itself! Keep up the good work!

-andy

 

Blogger Ham said ... (00:24) : 

Briang - thanks!

Andy - taxi service? for kids....

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile