Sunday, March 12, 2006

Cross Country Sking in London



When I saw this cross country skier in Hyde Park I had a bit of a laugh, I hadn't seen anything like it before. But then, I came across the story of the Brazillian Olympic cross country skier, Hélio Freitas so the joke is probably on me.

posted by Ham at 00:18 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "Cross Country Sking in London"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (16:14) : 

We have quite a few of these zipping around the Rosebowl parking lot (Pasadena).

 

Blogger Bob said ... (17:54) : 

... and all it would need is a bit of snow to do the real thing. Not much around here either.

 

Blogger Denton said ... (20:37) : 

The parkas indicate at least the weather is cool. Also, this guy is about to run into a traffic jam. I hope he is not going to fast.

 

Blogger midnitebara said ... (23:01) : 

never seen that sight here. all skiers go to the snowy mountains here.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (00:25) : 

Julia - I have to think he is training.... nobody would do this for fun, surely?

Luggi - Isn't the rosebown a football stadium? What a wonderful picture - I think they might be a bit vulnerable to a tackle, though.

Bob - but if he had snow it would look sensible! (never too certain about using skis to go uphill, though)

Denton - LOL!

midnitebara - not too many mountains in Park Lane! (otherwise I'd be there....)

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile