Monday, February 27, 2006

Walk the Line



With an ashtonishing display of synchronicity, last night Mrs Ham & I went to see the Johnny Cash biopic, Walk the Line. Coming home and reading up on the man, as one does, I discover that today would have been his birthday.

So for today, I thought I would bring you one of London's Art Deco cinemas. Only, there aren't many left. I drove round London for you, though, and here is one of the most untouched since the 20's, in Muswell Hill. A more general view on My Other Staff.

Oh, by the way - the film is brilliant - thoroughly recommended!

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "Walk the Line"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (01:22) : 

I am waiting for Walk the Line to come back the theaters here in DC ... by the way, I clicked your link to the map and below the map was a weather forecast, which said "Isolated light snow shower, 2°C, 9mph NW" does it really snow in London?

 

Blogger Nicola said ... (08:20) : 

Thanks for the recommendation of the films. I haven't see it yet, so I will go soon...

 

Blogger Rich said ... (15:10) : 

Art Deco buildings are fascinating, nice shot...shouts out an invitation to come and watch a great film.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (16:05) : 

Eric says you have a "wiki" - how does it work?

 

Blogger Ham said ... (23:21) : 

Anon - yes it does snow occasionally. Anything more than 1 cm, and the world grinds to a halt. Very Rarely settles.

Jean, drop me a mail (londondailyphoto AT gmail.com) and I'll explain.

BTW, Neither I nor Mrs H are country music fans, you don't have to be to enjoy the film.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile